Time 30 minIngredients
Fresh turmeric 250 gms (grated appro 2 cups)
Grated ginger 1/4 cup
Red chili powder 3 tsp
Salt 3 tsp (as per taste)
Asafoetida solid / Hingdi size of two chana daal
Mustard seeds with cover 1 tsp
Mustard split seeds/daal (without cover) 5 tsp
Fenugreek seeds 1 tsp roasted
Lemon juice 1.5 tbsp
Oil 3/4 cup
Sugar 1/4 cup
1. Wash turmeric then completely dry it with cotton, then grate turmeric and ginger. Keep it aside.
2. Roast fenugreek seeds for 3-4 min on tava. Allow it to cool.
3. Fry hingadi & roasted fenugreek seeds in hot oil just for 10-15 seconds. (keep in mind that it should not burn). Remove from oil. In the same oil add mustard seeds with cover, after seeds pops out switch off the flame. Allow it to cool. Keep it aside.
4. Roast mustard split seeds/ daal for 3-4 min on tava. Allow it to cool. Keep it aside.
5. Now first make a coarse powder of hingdi and fenugreek seeds in blender. Then to this add roasted mustard split seeds/ daal and make course powder. (Just blend for 4-5 second otherwise it becomes very fine powder)
6. Take grated turmeric and ginger in mixing bowl add red chili powder, salt, then course powder of fenugreek seeds, hingdi, mustard split seeds/daal.
7. Then add sugar.
8. Mix well. Now transfer this to the sterilized jar.
9. On top of pickle pour lemon juice and then oil with mustard seeds. Cover the lid
10. Keep pickle for 2-3 days outside at cool and dry place. Then transfer to refrigerator by mixing once upside down with sterilized spoon. It taste good after about fifteen days.
Adjust red chili powder and salt as per your taste