Time 30 min
Bread slices 4-5 (cut at center to make triangle)
Potatoes 2 Big sized, boiled and peeled
Green Chillies 2
Garlic clove 2
Ginger 1/2 inch
Curry leaves 3-4
Coriander 2 tbsp
Sugar 1/2 tsp
Oil 1 tbsp
Mustard Seeds 1/5 tsp
Cumin Seeds 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tspFor Batter
Chickpea Flour (Besan) 1.5 cup
Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp
Garam masala 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Pinch of baking soda
1. Mash potatoes in such a way to keep chunks of potatoes arround 1/2 inch size.
2. Heat oil in pan. Then add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, green chili+ginger+garlic paste. Then add turmeric powder, sugar, salt to taste. Switch off the flame. Keep in mind to do tempering using low flame.
3. Then add mash potatoes and coriander leaves in the pan. Mix well. Cool it. Make 7-8 balls of 3 inch size round in shape but little flat at the center.
5. To make batter add besan, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt, water and two pinch of baking soda. Make batter not thin or thick.
6. Heat oil in wok. Add enough oil so that vada can be deep fried evenly.
7. Take two bread slices (triangles) between two slices place one ball of batata, then press bread gently using palm. Adjust the stuffing so that it doent come out. Dip the bread in batter. Make sure that bread is entirely coated by the batter. Fry till golden brown.
7. Serve with 3 in 1 Chutney or mint or sweet chutney.